A brief update on the past week (and a reason I've been MIA):
Shortly after turning in our contribution to the team marketing plan (alternative fuel vehicles), we breezed into our next group project: The Fashion Channel case memo. It was the first time I've worked on something like this, and it was interesting to get in the mind set of someone in such an interesting position.
We decided to target the "Fashionista" segment (rather than a "something-for-all" approach) due to the higher ROI and spending dollars. This segment enjoys ahead-of-the-curve fashion trends and makes fashion a priority (recommending itself well for the focus of the Fashion Channel).
I was proud that our team was able to gather and consolidate our thoughts/calculations--and during one of the busiest weekends as well (Easter). Our case memo gives good insight into why this could be a good direction to take, and even arguments mitigating the risks associated with targeting a single marketing segment.
Now, we're breezing into Week 6 (Lesson 3), or the "Invent" portion of marketing on behalf of a consumer.
No comments:
Post a Comment